Beringea invests £1 – 5 million in UK-based companies with the potential for rapid growth. Crucial to all of our investments is backing a strong management team or entrepreneur, and backing a business which we believe can grow through product development or geographical expansion.
Prospective portfolio companies usually fulfil the following criteria:
- Companies must be UK based;
- Our preferred deal type is development capital – we avoid early stage investments and buyouts;
- We are a pro-active as opposed to a passive investor and usually take a seat on the Board of a company;
- We invest across all industry sectors, and
- We are attracted to industries undergoing fundamental change driven by technology and/or industry dynamics.